Saturday, October 17, 2009

Grandma Yount's Famous Peach Cobbler

8 large peaches, sliced very thin
6 slices white bread, slice into "finger" strips

Melt together:
1 stick butter
1 cup sugar
1 egg, beaten
1 tsp. vanilla
2 TBSP. flour

Mix well.

Butter 9"x13" pan, spread peaches in layers in pan. Place bread on top of peaches and pour melted mixture over the entire dish.

Bake for 35 minutes at 350 degrees. Enjoy!

This recipe is a must make! My grandma Yount has made this recipe "famous" in the Yount family. She never has leftovers and usually people are racing to the table to get a dish. The white bread makes a wonderful top crust. You can substitute apples, strawberries, blueberries, pears, etc.. for the peaches. Serve this warm with vanilla ice cream of cool whip. This is one recipe that will not disappoint. :)

2 comments:

  1. I just found your cooking blog and LOVE it!! :-) I really enjoy the kitchen and love to read of others who do also.

    *Love your blog music, so cute!!! My daughter just started dancing! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jana...I love cooking and thought I would share with others. :)

    ReplyDelete