Friday, January 22, 2010

Sticky Buns



2 pkgs. refrigerated biscuits(the small size/not Grands)
3/4 c white sugar
3 tsp cinnamon
3/4 stick butter
1/2 c brown sugar
chopped nuts, optional

Grease a pie pan. Open biscuit tube and separate biscuits. Roll each biscuit into a ball. Roll the biscuit ball in the cinnamon sugar mixture until well coated. Place in pie pan. Continue...until all biscuit balls are in pie pan. Melt butter in a small saucepan and add brown sugar. Cook over medium heat until brown sugar is dissolved. Pour over biscuit balls. Bake at 400 degrees for 18-20 minutes or until lightly brown. Add chopped nuts the last 5 minutes of baking. Enjoy!

My aunt Debbie use to make a similar version of this called Monkey Bread. It is warm, gooey, delicious and comforting. Serve warm and enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. I cracked up as I read my bloglist...my eyes caught the title of the blog before the name of the blogger, and I quickly wondered what one of my crazy friends had come up with for a post! The "sticky buns" look awesome, and easy enough for an incompetent cook like me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha...I never even thought about how that might look. :)

    ReplyDelete