Monday, September 14, 2009

Sun Tea

1 gallon cold water
6 tea bags
Mint leaves, optional

Combine the water and tea bags in a gallon clear glass or plastic container. Cover, and place in the sun for 30 minutes to 1 hour (depending on the strength of tea that you like).

If desired, add sugar or flavorings, then chill.
Garnish with a fresh slice of lemon or lime.

Cost per serving (1 cup): 1 cent

I just love iced tea...probably my favorite drink ever! When I was growing up, I always looked forward to having iced tea at both of my grandma's homes. The teas were very different, but yummy! My grandma Yount made the best good old-fashioned sweet tea (yes with the real sugar)! She would brew it on the stove, then add sugar, then let it sit a bit and add the water and ice. My grandma Hooker would make unsweetened iced tea, but then have freshly sliced limes and the "pink" packets of sweetener on her table. I still prefer lime to lemon in my iced tea...probably from the memories of that Florida iced tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment